Pages

Modules

Friday 3 June 2016

Spanish Holiday Homes: Logo

Beginning steps were to establish a strong shape /icon that could carry the identity. Many other real-estates I looked at had a strong visual image that accompanied their title. I Couldn't change the company name 'Spanish Holiday Homes' which is far from catchy, so I wanted to create a strong visual that would carry past the overly descriptive name. 

I began by playing around with very simple shapes. Using the Spanish flag as a spring board for many. It's within the title and the main selling point of the client's properties.

The shapes began with the flag and graduated into subtle house visuals, as seen in the other examples. I liked the circular base and began to play with the 'roof' shape, using colours to play with depth.

Once the shape was established I experimented outside of the red and yellow just to educated myself on the other iterations.
They all were nice, however toward the end I did like the idea of the colour concept comming directly from the spanish flag, so a different version of the red & yellow was kept.