Pages

Modules

Saturday 4 June 2016

Spanish Holiday Homes: Development

The main thing I was asked to create were business cards. After finalising the logo the next step was deciding how to utilise both colours. I played with angles, similar to the ones seen in the picture logo to create interesting shapes.



I felt the lines were too distracting and the flush primary colour was a lot more engaging. I incorporated the same degree of angle into the back of the card carrying the same concept throughout.



I also had to find a secondary typeface, to accompany the title. This took quite a while but eventually I whittled it between Futura and Beauchef W00 Book (Regular) and the latter was more suitable. The rounded glyphs worked well with the harsh title typeface.

I then went on to the letterhead. The client asked for simple stationary mock-ups, incorporating the brand into a letter head that would be sent to clients. I worked with the same angle. Rearranging the footers allowed for correct spacing and boundaries.