Pages

Modules

Thursday 19 May 2016

Personal Tutor - Blue

Moving on from the red colour after all the colour theory research. Beginning with the original text layout I began to play with the secondary colour. Using guides and sizing to ensure consistency on both sides.


       

I swapped the black out for a darker blue at first, as the black was very harsh. Now working with the blue I feel more comfortable with the design. The first didn't have a clear tone of voice. Again, it was too contrasting so I stuck with only one colour. The longest part of this process was re-defining the writing as the quality was so low res.

       

I then went on to create some clean, simple icons to use alongside the contact details. In black, they anchored the text and allowed them to stand out. I also added a light weight line to establish the information from 'decoration'.


The last few descions were just the opacity of the text. At 100% it was too distracting, but too little it became grey and unattractive. I'm really happy with tis new version as it is brighter, engaging, simple and clean.