Pages

Modules

Sunday 5 June 2016

Module Evaluation: OUGD603


I feel like this module has taught me a lot, in regards of myself as a designer and a young person, and what I want to see myself doing. 

My most enjoyed element of the module has been finding concepts, and really working them through with ridiculously through research. I personally believe that my strengths lie in research and developing ideas. Research gives me the ability to actually understand what I am creating and therefore can only improve and aid my design work. I pride myself on being informed or prioritising being informed on the topic of what I'm creating. This year has allowed me to build up a knowledge in various topics, due to its freedom to explore.

I've enjoyed being able to work through problems and dilemmas and finding ways around it, or correcting them when found. To then be able to take whatever has been learnt and put into practice I have found incredibly gratifying. I've learnt so much from outside sources (studios, visiting speakers, teachers) that helps my journey and process as a creative.
Although this year I have no achieved what I had hoped to due to reasons, I am constant proud of my work, as it always changes with time, knowledge and a greater understanding of the methods needed to be better.
I've explored mostly branding this year. Toward the end of level 5 I was very comfortable with branding being a strain I wanted to further explore. I enjoy the process of having to encompass feeling, or idea, or personality though visual mediums. 
There are always things I could do better, I'm ever changing as a designer. Looking back, I wish I had been around to focus on my work more, as pieces or work and entire prints have ben lost to me in the process of this year. I would also like to focus on presenting final pieces, as supposed to digitally rendered versions. Inconveniences like this I often feel make my work incomplete despite my development work being strong.

I've enjoyed the work this year, despite everything else. And although what I present is not what I ever intended, I am proud of what I've been able to achieve, what I've learnt as a student, and what I will learn, after leaving.